Welcome to the Glossary. If you want a term defined or you're unsure on how to define a term that you think is useful for other AWBW players, please leave a comment and a more experienced member will add it for you.
Editor's note: Please don't add nonsense, it makes our community look bad, thanks!
The format used will be: Term goes here - definition goes here.
- Black Tiles - 0 Movement Power Tiles or Teleport Tiles because they provide free movement.
- Blandie - COs with no Day-To-Day ability. Ex. Andy
- Blocking - restricting your opponent's options by using your own unit as an obstruction. Ex. Blocking a base to prevent production
- Broken - Too strong for standard play between two or more similar skill players
- Broken 5 - Kanbei, Sensei, Grit, Colin, and Hachi
- BM - Blue Moon
- CO - Commanding Officer
- COP - Commanding Officer Power
- Day-to-Day - The abilities of a CO when not under the effect of CO Powers
- D2D - See Day-to-Day
- FoW - Fog of War
- Flood - producing nothing but one type of unit
- FTA - First Turn Advantage, the advantage given to player 1 by being first to play. Ex. Being able to produce the first tank or reaching a certain amount of income first.
- FTA Counter - The advantage given to player 2 to balance out FTA, typically an extra pre-owned city or infantry
- Ghost Unit - unit from a non-participating country that disappears upon the start of a game. Typically used to stop production from a given facility.
- Inf - Infantry
- Infantry Hop - the use of infantry and sometimes APC/T-copter increase your capture phase efficiency Ex. moving infantry #1 that has already captured last turn to a further neutral city and having infantry #2 who is next in line capture the city infantry #1 was on.
- Joke Map - map designed for non-competitive reasons
- Leapfrogging - using an APC or Transport Helicopter to effectively transport 2 infantry at the same time.
- Meatshield - A unit placed at a particular position to protect your more important units Ex. Infantry protecting Artillery
- Mech Flood - When a player produces a disproportionate amount of mechs turn after turn
- Neo - Neotank
- OHKO - One-Hit KO, killing a unit in one hit
- OS - Orange Star
- Playtest - Playing a game on a map to check for balance
- STA - Second Turn Advantage, advantage for moving second on a map
- Self-Voter - map maker votes on their own maps
- SCOP - Super CO Power
- Terrain Variety - enough terrain to provide interesting matches.